With the perfect RV, you can easily leave the city behind and spend time with your closest friends and family. Today’s RVs are nothing like the caravans you may have ridden in as a child.
They not only look fantastic, but they also have enough luxury amenities to make you feel perfectly at home no matter where you are.
I’ve compiled a list of the ten greatest RVs for prolonged living in 2023, along with a review
Table of Contents
10 Best RV For Extended Living & Features In 2023
Living in an RV can be a very fulfilling experience, especially if you have the right equipment. RVs are an excellent choice for people who have a large home and an interest in alternative living. They can be used for a variety of different purposes.
They can be used as a residence, a campsite, and even a hospital. The best RV for extended living is one that is built to accommodate a large group of people. It needs to be reliable, spacious, and affordable.
We’ve put together a list of the best RVs for extended living and their features. These listings will help you find the right one for your specific needs.
1. Airstream Globetrotter
When most of us think of travel trailers, one brand comes to mind: Airstream. The silver-covered RV is not only stunning but it is also equipped with creature comforts to keep you comfortable while traveling.
It is not the brand’s largest model—that honor belongs to the flagship Classic—but it is available with one of six various floor plans, each of which includes space for a huge entertainment area that can sleep up to four adults.
Inside, you’ll discover a fully equipped kitchen, a half-bathroom, a shower, and a spacious bedroom with either a queen-sized bed or two twins. The amenities are also top-notch, as you’d expect from an Airstream, with Franke faucets in the kitchen and bathroom, stainless steel appliances, a Quietstream temperature control system, and numerous LG LED TVs.
The Globetrotter starts at $120,000 and goes up from there. If it doesn’t suit you, there are lots of other models to pick from, including cooperation versions like the extra-cozy Pottery Barn Edition and the ultra-rare Supreme edition. Best for: Those searching for a traditional road-trip camping experience with all the bells and whistles.
- There are six distinct floor plans to choose from, each with a full kitchen, half bathroom, and dedicated shower.
- Even when the heater or A/C is turned on
- A built-in canopy provides shade when spending time outside.
2. Bowlus Endless Highways Performance Edition
This is a well-regarded trailer, just like the Endless Highways Performance Edition like those created in the 1930s, only that this piece comes as larger and with much better materials such as aluminum for the exterior and birchwood for the interior.
Despite its vintage appearance, it contains all of the modern amenities you’d expect in 2022, such as heat and air conditioning, a WiFi modem, and lots of outlets for charging all of your smart devices.
The best option, however, may be a lithium iron phosphate that allows you to live off the grid for two weeks in peace. If you’re an animal lover, there’s also the Terra Firma, which has a built-in feeding bowl, pet bed, and remote temperature control system. Best for those who want to combine beautiful retro flair with luxurious modern amenities.
- A two-sided indoor galley as well as an outside cooking area with electric and propane outlets
- The teak flooring and benches in the hotel-style shower
- The trailer’s lithium iron phosphate power system can keep it running for up to two weeks.
3. Living Vehicle
Matthew Hofmann’s Living Vehicle trailers aren’t just for a weekend in the woods; they’re designed to be lived in. The chrome, shoe box-shaped trailer has everything you’d want in a New York apartment, and it’s about the same size.
The former architect’s trailers, which cost $230,000, have it all: big windows, a skylight, a spa-style bathroom, a washing machine, and a roof-top solar system that allows for off-the-grid living.
And, because everyone has a different concept of what constitutes the perfect home, each unit is completely adjustable. Best for: Those who don’t want to leave the (plush) comforts of home.
- On nice days, a pull-out balcony opens up the trailer.
- The spa-like bathroom will make you forget you’re camping.
- There is a washing machine onboard. Enough of it.
4. Tabbert Cellini Slide-Out
The Tabbert Cellini Slide-Out may resemble your childhood camper on the outside, but that’s where the similarities end. When you open the side door of the large German model, you’ll find it’s just as lavish as the most blinged-out rock star tour bus, albeit a little more tastefully.
The trailer’s roomy and glossy inside includes a full-sized kitchen, comfy sitting space, a bedroom with more than enough room for a queen-sized mattress, and a magnificent wood and steel-decorated bathroom.
It also has a slide-out part, as the name implies, which expands the trailer’s already surprisingly spacious living area even further. Suited for travelers who want a lot of space—and comfort—no matter where the road takes them.
- A slide-out part allows for a full-sized kitchen and bar.
- A luxury wood-and-steel interior resembles a hotel room rather than the interior of a trailer.
- The master bedroom is large enough to accommodate a queen-size mattress.
5. Retreat Cabin and OzXcorp’s ERV
It was just a matter of time until the electric revolution reached trailers and campers. The ERV by Retreat Caravan and OzXcorp is a tough trailer that runs solely on battery power. Roof-mounted solar panels power a 14.3-kWh lithium battery, which powers the trailer’s numerous appliances.
While the trailer is ideal for off-road adventures, thanks to a specifically adjusted suspension and all-terrain tires, it also includes all of the amenities of a luxury hotel room on the inside, such as a bathroom, huge seating area, and master bedroom suite with a king-sized bed and closets.
The caravan’s full-size kitchen, which includes an induction cooker, fridge, and washing machine, maybe the genuine centerpiece, which is best for those who want to camp completely off the grid—and in ultimate luxury. There’s also a Weber electric grill and a slow cooker for cooking outside.
- Solar panels and 14.3-kWh battery power the trailer, allowing you to go off the grid.
- You can go off-road thanks to a carefully adjusted suspension and huge all-terrain tires.
- The master bedroom offers adequate space for a king-size bed as well as its own closets.
6. Eriba Touring 820
This top-of-the-line RV from the firm refreshes the iconic silver bullet design with a retro-futuristic shape and accents. The interior of the 27-foot trailer, on the other hand, is even more spectacular. The luxury facilities include a large, leather-covered couch space (that can be transformed into a bed), variable mood lighting, and a surprisingly trendy bathroom.
The genuine centerpiece, though, is a bedroom with a wide panoramic window that provides stunning views of the surrounding area. That’s also a good thing because it is best for those who want the look and comfort of an aluminum-sided trailer but at a lower cost.
- The kitchen contains a little wine cellar where you may store your best wines.
- During the night, the leather-upholstered entertainment room may be changed into an additional sleeping area.
- Mood lighting that can be adjusted will make you feel at ease no matter where you are.
7. Colorado Teardrops Boulder
There are EV-friendly trailers, and then there’s the Boulder from Colorado Teardrops. Not only is the company’s latest model built to be pulled by a battery-powered SUV or vehicle, but it can also charge the battery of your EV.
This capability is provided by a 75-kWh lithium-ion battery pack with a built-in DC fast charger, which will provide you with much-needed peace of mind when driving. At the very least, it allows you to design a route centered on attractions rather than charging stations.
Aside from this critical feature, it includes everything two adults and two children need to live off the grid for a few days, such as a comfy queen-sized mattress, two bunk beds (for the kids), an enclosed kitchenette, and an optional climate control system.
The trailer which is best for EV owners who don’t want to worry about not being able to find a charging station on their next road trip is also available in a variety of two-tone color schemes, all of which look great.
- It Doesn’t just lighten the load on your EV’s battery; it can also charge it.
- A one-of-a-kind bunk bed design accommodates four people (two adults and two children)
- There is plenty of counter space in the enclosed kitchenette.
8. Hunter Nature Raptor XC
This large trailer might be a lifesaver at a campground, especially if you’re traveling with family or friends. The issue, of course, is getting the massive truck there in the first place. Regardless of how competent the driver is, driving a large convoy can be difficult.
Fortunately, there are trailers available, such as Hunter Nature’s Raptor XC. The angular model from the brand appears modest, but it has a pull-out part that nearly doubles the size of its interior. When fully extended, there will be more than enough space for a designated living area, kitchen, and bedroom.
This will also come in handy if you have more than two people at your traveling party. This is due to the fact that the trailer’s entertainment room can easily be turned into an extra sleeping section at night. This is why it is best for Campers that require space but do not want to deal with the hassle of a large travel trailer
- A part that expands transforms this trailer into a multi-room cabin.
- The bedroom features a huge skylight that allows you to glimpse the stars at night.
- If you require more space, the spacious lounge can be turned into an additional bedroom area.
9. Taxa Mantis
It’s difficult to find a trailer that meets everyone’s requirements, but the Taxa Mantis gets close. Because of its straightforward design, it complements almost any aesthetic. The Mantis has all the capacity you and your friends and family need to camp in comfort, which can be critical on longer journeys.
Thanks to a pop-up roof section, clever use of space, and plenty of storage compartments. It also includes all of the necessary amenities, such as a bathroom with a built-in shower, a water heater, a kitchenette, and an 8,000 BTU air conditioner.
The trailer is great for off-roading, but an Overland model is available if you want something even more robust. As it is suited for Campers who want the most space and freedom.
- If you have a pop-up roof, you don’t have to sleep in the kitchen if you don’t want to.
- Includes a built-in water heater as well as a climate control system with an 8,000 BTU air conditioner.
- Has a built-in umbrella for outdoor gatherings.
It has a semi-modular interior created by Adaptiv that can be altered to meet your camping style (components snap in like Legos), as well as a full kitchen and sleeping space for up to five people. If you wish to go off the grid, you may even add solar panels. its vintage look is sure to stick out in almost any campground. Even better, no pickups are required.
It is nice you know that this piece was made with travelers who do not possess an SUV or truck but wish to embark on a cross-country road trip in mind this is so because If you consider not needing a truck or SUV to haul your trailer, then this definitely the best thing for you, it is also spacious and comes with up to date modern facilities that helps to afford you a very comfortable stay away from home.
- Because it weighs only 1,100 pounds, it can be pulled by almost any car.
- The semi-modular floor concept allows you to customize the inside to suit your camping style.
- A larger rear hatch allows us more space while entertaining.
In the end, this list of the 10 best RVs for extended living will allow you to hit the road in almost any fashion you can think of.
What is left for you to do right now is to make the choice that fits your specific need and that of your co-campers, because the list above affords you complete luxury away from home, I want to call them home away from home.
Enjoy your purchase.